Monday, April 22, 2024

I am a Nothing

 Nothing. 

That is what I am. 

Ok sure, I’m a Mother. 

That’s it…

Being a mother is not easy, especially when I’ve valued a job title over that. 

I find my self worth in the work I want to do…the art I want to create…and the stories I want to tell. 

There’s no question, seconds thoughts or hesitation when it comes to my job as a mother. I will do everything and anything I need for my kids. It’s not something I need to think about, it’s something I do! 

Most importantly there is no one that will value me as a mother. 

My self worth is therefore nothing. 

I am nothing. 

I’ve amounted to nothing. I am stuck in a job that makes me feel like nothing. I’m stuck because I am a mother… 

Is there a chance that the world has not looked in my direction because I am a mother… they’ll see me when my kids are older and no longer need me… maybe? 

But till then… 

I still feel like a nothing loser… chasing after something that may never happen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment