Thursday, November 17, 2011

He so Fugly!

Finally I can say that the textures are complete...

They are not looking as great as I would like them too, but I think that has to do with the lighting. It's still not set up correctly. Once that is set up then I can go back and start tweaking both texture and lights.

I seem to have a problem with the quality of the textures on, trying to figure that out. Even when using the clone tool in Maya I was getting things blurred!

So much to learn. The fur has been redone so many times. It is still just a simple place holder for now. I will tackle that next!

This has certainly been a challenge! I'm not used to creating anything near realistic, usually all my stuff if cartoony or more textural using paints.

I wanted the tentacle to actually look like tree branches...(my choice in that will be revealed later) and I really like the look of the hard texture against this small piece of tissue holding the eye. Again I think it will all benefit from a better lighting set up, and more advance skills maybe?


I hope the texture are looking like tree branches. I look at it sometimes and worry it's looking more like rock or marble. Don't know how much that matters. I am getting the effect I want. I've varied the iris texture on each eye. I've remodeled the body again and given him a much simpler mouth.
Oh I can sit here and write all night long all the little critiques and changes I'd like to do, but I wont! For now I am content and will move on to the fur!

No comments:

Post a Comment