Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Eye See You

What I thought would be a simple task turned out to be a rather tedious one.

My model is now completely unwrapped and I figured the first step in texturing little Pugly would be to start working on the eyes since they seemed simple enough.

Wrong!

I was trying to avoid to the whole painting process and figured I could just create the eyes out of procedural and available textures, but no.
I spent a bit of time painting the iris and getting the right colors and textures I wanted for it. I wanted this nice golden sharp color and I think that's what I've achieved.

Although my drawings look rather cartoony I really want to push my self with this project and create something that had realistic qualities.

So with the shading and texturing of this eye I really tried something more advanced than I'm used to and used the same attributes needed to texture a realistic eye.
I imported a quick light and HDR set up just to test the reflections on the eye. That will still need to be tweaked once I have my whole scene set up, so not going to rush into that just yet.
There's this glare coming down the center that's annoying me, but its not part of the project that I'm going to spend time on now or worry about.

I'm definitetly not happy with the model of the eye around the eye ball and I think my second step will probably be remodelling it and adding more details possibly...agh unwrapping...

No comments:

Post a Comment